The other day when I started my computer it began behaving strangely. It started to open processes that I never asked it to open and my firewall and antivirus stopped working suddenly. I thought it was some weird bug and restarted my computer to see if everything goes fine again. However, to my surprise I found out that my Windows has gone more out of control. It started creating and deleting files all by itself. It created executable files in each folder with the same name as the parent folder and hid the folders. Even the icon of these executables resembles a folder icon. After some investigation, I understood that it should definitely be some form of virus. Therefore, I just reinstalled my antivirus and found out to my surprise that my PC is completely infected with a virus named Win32.sality virus. Again, in a few minutes my antivirus went dead. Therefore, I really had no clue what to do if an antivirus is not able to fight the virus. Therefore, I searched the Internet and found out that there are many people with the same problem. Even though the virus had been detected as early as 2005, still some antivirus softwares are not able to combat it properly. In the process of cleaning my computer of that deadly virus, I found out some best methods to apply while cleaning it. Since I see many people suffering with the same issue I thought, it would be helpful to others if I share this information. So here we go.
In the
Read the rest of this article
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
A Discussion on W32.Sality Virus and the Methods to Get Rid of it Permanently
Posted by Admin at 1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment